Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Sphinx without a secret

The Sphinx without a secret

Short story writen by Oscar Wilde.
spoiler alert.

I cannot rate this story, because I haven't read so many and I am afraid I would misjudge it. I liked it a lot and right now I think I would give it 5/5. I touched me, even though I didn't really mourn for the ladys death, or feel sympathy for the man. But I loved the fact that in the end I figured out where the name came from, and why was the lady so secretive. I loved it, but also the fact that the man lost the woman. It gave the story something.

If you want to read short stories, I recommend this one.
I would decrease the points for the fact that they treated women as objects, but then again. Oscar Wilde died in 1900. So I forgive him this one time.
 Though it's a sin still.
And now that I have read this short story, I would just love to read something longer from Oscar Wilde. But I think there isn't too many long stories. Oh well.
  If suggest you read this short story. It won't take long and it's totally worth it.
I myself am quite inspired by this story. I love the name and stuff. This is why I love literature.


This is the first story/book review, and more will come.

Be prepared

-nemesismerri

No comments:

Post a Comment