Monday, July 18, 2016

Writer's insecurities

Insecurities

We all have our insecurities. And I have plenty but I am talking about certain insecurities. I am talking about things that make me feel like I am not good enough as a writer. Or worse, things that make me feel like I'm not a writer at all.
I'll be getting straight to the point.
1. My age 
    writing takes time and I am young. I'm writing a blog like I know something but I'm 17, no one takes me really serious. And I am still living with my parents so they have control over me, so I cannot really publish everything. This is one of the biggest things that pain me. Because I work hard with my writings. But just because of my age, I could be considered as a joke.
2. no published works
 this is because I'm very young, but still. I don't really feel like a writer since I don't have anything written.
3. I write romance
nothing wrong writing a romance, but I feel like my writing isn't as good when I write romance. And also if you combine this with the facts that I indeed am a female, and 17. In the eyes of many adults I am basically just a teenager and a hopeless romantic who writes fanfictions about one direction members I'd like to date. (just to clear few things out. nothing wrong with writing fanfics, I don't write that many fanfics.)
4. I don't feel like I can get any better
I don't think my writing can develope any better, because unlike in gymnastics for example, writing doesn't have any difficult moves that I could learn. There's no way to measure really how good you are on your own. I don't feel like my writers voice has yet developed, and I'm fearing it never will. I feel stuck.
5. writer's don't really make it in Finland
I live in a country that you can't really make it in as an artist of any kind. It's really difficult.

There are five insecurities and now you know a little it more about me. Here you go. This was a little bit more personal. I hope you don't mind that, and I hope that this somehow  opened your eyes.
-nemesismerri

No comments:

Post a Comment