Mind Maps
So I want to talk about the important way of gathering your thoughts when writing a book, or writing. (Or just gathering your thoughts (this also makes studying easier)) And finally some pictures in my explanations. I'm trying to add more of them, but it's sometimes difficult. And this is my first part of gathering thoughts, because there are several more ways to gather your thoughts. Some of them I have already spoken of. :)So you can do mindmaps in many ways. I'm gonna show how.
Paint etc
in other words drawing on computer. I myself use Krita, but really, gimp, paint, sai, anything is fine. And also I use wacom drawing tablet, but let me just say, it doesn't have to be wacom, and it doesn't have to be drawing tablet. Obviously. But for example here is my beautiful mind map.![]() |
| are you an author? find out |
And with this mind map you can look if you can be an author :) JK, authors are made of will of being an author. But those things are useful.
Draw
you think using computer is hard and takes time? Yeah me too. So I usually just draw them like people used to do few years back. And it would be best to draw these on a paper without rows or squares. But I'm too lazy often to find any clean paper so my mind maps are a mess.| oh it's not the squares that make my mind maps look like a mess, it's just me |
Loving the quality? me too :)
I'm sorry. But you get the point.
That's my mind map of one of my main characters. And surprise surprise it's from Freaks and demons
Yeah it's about Sariel-Azrael. But it's writen in Finnish so unless you know the language, you can't get much spoilers. (If I even ever finish my book)
So heres this style.
Using programs
I think you can use libre office draw.You might have different program than libreoffice (like openoffice) but the idea is the same. If you know what you are doing it's super fun and super easy.If you don't find any program to do this with. No worries. you can do it online. Google Drive. And then create a new drawing. I think I could sometimes do a blog post about using this method. With instructions how to do it. And pictures with friendly guiding red lines.
![]() |
| that's me |
Yeah well here you go. And as you can see, I added some extra things not needed in here.
-Nemesismerri


No comments:
Post a Comment