About Writer's block
Oh wouldn't all the writers just love if this disease didn't bother us no longer. But no, it's still there and all the writers are fighting to over come this.First of all, I haven't updated my blog in a while and I have to say I am really sorry for being so lazy. But this update, this post is inspired by writer's block so you can thank it.
Second of all, I have finally started actually working on my novel. I am writing the raw version on paper and I desided that I write one page everyday (at least). I started this on tuesday just before midnight. I wrote the first page, and on wensday I wrote almost three pages. But today I just can't write. It might be because the scene is stuck, or because I am not inspired but I desided to (once again) look for help from internet. I collected some tips and I realised that some tips wouldn't help me. Why? because I didn't have problem with comeing up with something to write.
One tip was to write, and that's basically why I am writing this blog post.
Now there are several types of writer's blog but the solutions are different. A bit.
1. WRITE! wheter it's your inspiration that's gone, or that you don't know what to write or you don't feel like writing, it is certainly not getting better by surfing the internet, playing online games or lying in your bed and thinking "what should I write next" just write something, anything is fine.
If your story is stuck, you need to unstuck it.
think about the scene you are writing. Where do you want it to go? Why does that scene exist? Is it good like that or should you change it or just remove it? You need to know what is supposed to happen in that scene.
Start writing another part. A part you know you are enthusiastic to write, and can't just wait to write. Write that, because in your sleep your brain might just give you inspiration and solutions to other scenes that are stuck. And if you get to the writing part, you might just figure out how to get your scene going again.
If you don't know what to write, figure it out.
use prompts from internet or ask you friends. Or just go through random book and pick a paragraph or a word and write about that.
Do something creative. Paint, dance, draw or write different type of text. A poem? or perhaps a monolog? jourunal? review? blog post?
freewrite, then pick random word or paragraph or something from the text and write about that.
Go to sleep, or drink.
You have problem with one character's appearance or past or personality
close your eyes, imagine that you have invited that person to some situation you like. Think about how that character feels about the situation, how does he/she talk to you. What does he look like, and what does he tell you, and what he keeps hidden from you. If some certain question is bothering, ask them. (for example my character whose name I unfortunately cannot recall (it started with letter A) I invited him over for teapart, very childish teaparty, he kinda felt awkward about it but yeah. I figured out his nature.)
You just can't write
try exercising, or dancing. Just keep moving and don't stop. imagination can be thought as a muscle. You don't try to run marathon without warming up and stretching your muscles first. (Well I might be stupid enough to try and run a marathon without warming up.) By doing exercises you get warmed up and perhaps your imagination is now ready to the actual performance.
speak, record it if you can't write it. Or call your friend and talk about something. Just use words.
Some other tips.
1. read words from dictionary.2. read synonyms for familiar words
3. read anthonyms for familiar words
4. read
5. read newspaper events and rewrite them from character perspective
6. put "writing" on google images and want to write.
7.be crazy, like Rick Riordan said (on his twitter account) "You *have* 2 be crazy 2 dream of being an author! It's required. (I think it was 17 july (checked on google images) don't know what year)
8. freewrite
9. write different kind of stuff
10. try writing on paper if you use computer and try using computer if you use paper
11.change enviroment
12. write with colored pencils
13.eat
14. sleep
15. get off internet
16.write about your dreams
Yeah well now I hope I have got over my writers block, and if not I always have some awesome sauce tips right here :) oh well. see yah
-Nemesismerri
No comments:
Post a Comment