Now I have read a lot about why writer’s won’t get words on the paper. And there are several reasons. Writer’s block, your inner editor, you get distrackted or you just don’t know what to write.
And you can cure writer’s block, and also turn down your inner editor (much like I have done with my blog posting, my posts are full of grammar errors probably) You can turn down internet, and you can search for ideas. But still for some reasons you don’t get to the work. Now I’ll talk about that for a while.
Why I get distracted from writing? I read blog posts about writing and I keep reading and reading how to become a better writer instead of just writing, that is my sin, but I actually have come up with a good solution for that. And it is not only turning down the internet.
I brainstorm for ideas and write them up and test what I feel like writing today if I don’t know what to write I’ll grab bunch of writing challenges and write and see what I come up with.
And to my actual point. I read a long ago that if I don’t get to write I should free write some words on the page so it doesn’t look so empty and I don’t stay stuck staring at the screen or paper. Maybe for some people this is effective, but I found my self to get to write with complete opposite. I have blank page so I don’t accidentally start reading the last lines I have writen and get a sudden urge to correct them or something. If I don’t want a blank page I’ll draw little angels and hearts around the paper but no text is allowed until my writing is done. When I start to write a different text I’ll cover the other one, or get a blank page.
I don’t fear the blank pages, I need them.
ANyway, this is supposed to be helpful but if you don’t find it helpful then it’s okay, because there are several ways to write, No matter how you do it as long as you get something done. If this doesn’t wrok for you something else will. Every writer has their own style.
-Nemesismerri
No comments:
Post a Comment